Want to learn how to make social media work for your business? Join us to find out where to start and how to maximise your online presence to enhance your business.
Social Media can be a powerful tool if used correctly, not only can you promote and extend the reach of your business, product or services but you can get almost instant feedback!
This half day course will be split into three topics to ensure you are equipped with everything you need to start your social media journey. There will be ample opportunity for Q&A’s plus plenty of hands on practical advice.
We will cover;
The Beginners Guide to Social Media for Business
- We will start with a discussion as to what each participant wishes to gain from the course and what they already do in the social spheres. This will include an introduction/refresher to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and how they can be made to work for your business.
- We will go through everything you need to get up and running – including how to make your pages as appealing as possible, how to tag others in posts, how to build followers/likes and why pictures and video are so vital from the off.
Different Mediums for Different Audiences
- We will spend time going through the main platforms and their appropriateness for different audiences, looking at the different demographics for each and what sort of posts and tagging will work best.
- We will also introduce tools like Hootsuite, which can help people schedule posts and/or post across multiple platforms – which are increasingly important for those who have businesses with few staff but still need to appear active in the social sphere.
- Finally we will go through the best times of day to post and other tips and tricks to get the most out of social media.
Maximising your reach
- After you know the basics of social media we will end the course with some tips to creating social media strategies and calendars, as well as examining analytics so that you can learn from your successes and mistakes each month.
- We will also go further in depth on the benefits of using photo and video and give some basic tips on both so that even during times you are armed only with a mobile phone you can still create engaging content.
Each participant will therefore end this beginner’s course with a good working knowledge of how to build social media channels, attract followers, maximise each channel for their business’s needs and start to build strategy and content calendars. There will also be time for hands on advice, where our experts can help with everything from building pages to sending out posts.
Date: Thursday 30th May 2019 9.00am to 1.00pm (Refreshments Provided)
Venue: Essex Chambers of Commerce. 34a Star Lane, Great Wakering, Essex. SS3 0FF
Cost to attend: Members £95 + VAT and Non-Members £150 + VAT
9.00am - Registration
9.30am - Workshop begins
11.00am - Refreshments
1.00pm - Finish
Simon Rothstein has worked in the national media for two decades, including spending more than 12 years as an award-winning journalist and editor for an eclectic range of press outlets such as The Sun, The Guardian and talkSPORT. He set up SRX Consultancy in 2010 in order to bring his expertise to projects and clients he was passionate about, helping them with all aspects of consumer engagement.
SRX Consultancy is a boutique PR, social media and communications agency specialising in business, entertainment, social action, faith and community. They manage Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts that total hundreds of thousands of followers, produces content read all around the world and have run training sessions for hundreds of people.
Ben Hole has been involved in the film, television and video industry since 1997. With a background in editing and post-production he has worked for every terrestrial broadcaster and created content for many businesses, charities and brands. Career highlights have included a feature documentary about renowned artist duo Gilbert and George that premiered at Tate Modern, a BAFTA nominated children’s show and visuals for Fat Boy Slim at Glastonbury.
Main Media is a video production company based in Southend, Essex who bring broadcast production values and creativity to promotional video, event coverage and charity content. They have extensive experience in helping organisations plan and execute their video projects, appeal videos and corporate films and can advise on almost any aspect of digital video production.