The purpose of the course:
Understand how to complete Customs Declarations post-Brexit. We’ll explore the EU’s relationship between countries, and UK’s relationship with EU and Rest of World. We will discuss what may be the future of border controls. Learn about WTO Rules, and the UK Temporary Tariff. We will explore the importance of:
- Tariff classification – we will de-mystify how to classify your goods using the correct method
- Rules of Origin – let us explain why Origin matters – where to find the rules and how to apply these
- Customs Valuation – what must be included and what may be excluded
- Be aware of the new customs computer; Customs Declaration Service (CDS).
We shall discuss Brexit in detail, exploring the deals that have been put forward, and how these may impact on your international trade. Learn how Transitional Simplified Procedures can assist for imports into the UK from EU-27 post-Brexit. Understand whether a Customs Special Procedure may be helpful to you when moving goods to/from EU-27. Appreciate how origin may be a challenge in a post-Brexit world.
Benefits for your organisation:
Learn how to prepare for Brexit. There are many challenges ahead, but there is information and guidance to assist you to plan your strategy. In a post-Brexit world there will be winners and losers, make sure you are prepared and become a winner. This course will enable you to plan your strategy for your supply chain. Decide if Customs Special Procedures will assist you to manage your movements of goods with the EU27. Be better aware of tariff classification, rules of origin, and customs valuation.
Who is this course for?
Those personnel involved with movements of goods across country borders. Senior Personnel across Finance, Purchasing, Sales, Shipping/Logistics. It also benefits Managers of Departments responsible for Company Policies, Practices, Administration, and Compliance. This one day course will appeal to those responsible for customs conformity, whether you are working for a International Company, or are a small sole Proprietor, these changes will affect you and your trade, and could help save you money.
- Brexit – Key events
- Withdrawal Agreement
- Single Market – Customs Union – Trade Agreements
- Import and Export Entry Declarations v Intrastat Reports
- Duties and VAT
- Tariff Classification
- Rules of Origin – Non-preference and preference
- Customs Valuation
- Transitional Simplified Procedure (TSP) – Controlled goods – Standard goods
- Authorised Economic Operator – Trusted Trader
- Customs Declaration Service (CDS)
- Brexit - Customs Law, the Union Customs Code (UCC)
Date: Wednesday 15th January 2020 9.30am to 4.30pm (Lunch & Refreshments Provided)
Venue: Essex Chambers of Commerce, 34a Star Lane, Great Wakering, Essex SS3 0FF
Cost to attend: £340.00 + VAT Members and £390.00 + VAT Non-Members
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
Understand how to prepare for Brexit. Be better able to plan for your business scenarios in a post-Brexit world. Learn how to complete Customs Declarations for export out of the UK to EU-27, and for import into the UK from EU-27. Learn how Transitional Simplified Procedures can assist for imports into the UK from EU-27 post-Brexit.
Export Expert T & C's