This IMDG interactive 4 hour online training is a detailed look at the requirements for shipping Excepted Quantities by Sea. It covers all aspects of the regulations to ensure that shippers, forwarders and carriers can meet the standards required in the packaging and transportation of dangerous goods in Excepted Quantities.
By being familiar with the regulations, your employees can ensure that any potential dangerous goods are correctly identified, packed and marked for shipping.
- Overview of the Regulations (IMDG)
- How DG is monitored in the UK
- Using the Regulations
- Classification, Proper shipping names and UN numbers
- Packaging Instructions
- Different DG items packaged together
- Marking and Labelling,
- Emergency and security procedures
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Apply the practices and standards regarding the preparations and handling of goods for excepted quantities.
- Correctly prepare a dangerous goods excepted quantity shipment for Sea transportation.
It is recommended that if you do not hold a certificate in the transport of dangerous goods that you complete the Dangerous Goods Awareness training as a pre-requisite.
It is recommended that you have access to IMDG Dangerous Goods Regulations. If you do not have this resource please add temporary online access to your basket along with the course when you purchase.