This virtual half day course will provide you with an understanding of the Rules of Origin.
Join us for an overview of the Rules of Origin and discover what preference and non-preference means and how the origin of your goods can affects the way you trade.
By the end of the course attendees will be able to:
- Have an understanding of the difference between Preference and Non-Preference Origin
- Have an understanding of the rules determining preference rules of origin
- Have an understanding of the percentage rule and how to apply it
- Be aware of cumulation and the different types of cumulation
- Calculations for UK originating under Trade Agreements
- How to be an Approved Exporter
- Understand the Harmonised System and the importance of commodity codes
- Understand when and how to raise Preference Documents
- Consider the advantages and disadvantages to using Importers Knowledge instead of a Statement on Origin
- Understand the benefits of Trade Agreements
Date: Wednesday 11th May 2022 9.30am to 12.30pm
Cost to attend: Members £150.00 + VAT and Non-Members £195.00 + VAT
Please note: This event will not be recorded and any material will only be circulated to those that attend.
British Chambers of Commerce Accredited Course: The British Chambers of Commerce has ten nationally accredited international trade courses that give essential skills that are invaluable to small and large businesses alike.
At the end of the course there will be a short assessment paper to complete which results in a BCC Certificate with a Pass or Merit achievement worth 1 credit. Achieve 6 credits to receive the BCC Foundation Award in International Trade. Learn More