This virtual half day course will provide you with an understanding of Incoterms.
Join us for an overview of Incoterms 2020 and understand how these International Commercial Terms affect an international movement of goods.
By the end of the course attendees will be able to:
- Understand the purpose of Incoterms
- Understand who pays for the freight
- Understand who takes the risk for the goods being lost or damaged
- Define Incoterms 2020 rules
- Understand your role under each Incoterm
- Identify some of the practical issues around Incoterms
- Decide when and how to raise an insurance document
- Understand the reasons for Incoterms
- Identify where to go for help and information on Incoterms
- Understand EXW and DDP, and the specific challenges with these two Incoterms
- Understand FAS, FOB, CFR and CIF, and why these are restricted to only seafreight movements
- Understand FCA, CPT, DAP, DPU, and the differences between each Incoterm
Date: Wednesday 2nd March 2022 9.30am to 12.30pm
Cost to attend: Members £150.00 + VAT and Non-Members £195.00 + VAT
Please note: This event will not be recorded and any material will only be circulated to those that attend.
British Chambers of Commerce Accredited Course: The British Chambers of Commerce has ten nationally accredited international trade courses that give essential skills that are invaluable to small and large businesses alike.
At the end of the course there will be a short assessment paper to complete which results in a BCC Certificate with a Pass or Merit achievement worth 1 credit. Achieve 6 credits to receive the BCC Foundation Award in International Trade. Learn More