Refreshments, Lunch and a comprehensive Export Expert manual of the topics covered will be provided.
This is a BCC Accredited Course and marks go towards the Foundation in International Trade.
The purpose of the course:
Whether you import components for manufacture, or you purchase finished products to onward sell, or offer a repair / upgrade service, join us to understand the rules and intricacies of goods crossing borders. We’ll cover when Import Duties and Taxes are applicable and look at ways to reduce or even abolish these charges. Together we’ll view the Tariff and comprehend how vital it is to accurately classify your goods. Learn about Customs Procedure Codes, and the rules of valuation. Completing Customs Declarations for imports can be a challenge, we will help you understand what information is needed to be able to complete a Customs Declaration – whether you are considering doing this yourself – or using a Customs Intermediary / Freight Agent / Customs Broker. Understand how to read your Import Entries to ensure you will pass Customs Compliance Audits. We’ll consider different Customs Regimes, taking a brief look at IP (Inward Processing), OP (Outward Processing) and RGR (Returned Goods Relief), End Use, Customs Warehousing, ATA Carnets etc. Discover about AEO (Authorised Economic Operator) and how becoming an AEO can provide benefits to your business. Be aware of the new customs computer; Customs Declaration Service (CDS). We shall discuss BREXIT and how that may impact on your international trade.
Benefits for your organisation:
- This comprehensive course provides a clear explanation of Import Practices and Terminology as they relate to the UK Company in the role of Buyer.
- We can also discuss the more complex scenarios, where there is more parties in the chain, where goods may be moving from or to locations other than that of the Seller and Buyer.
- Consider how BREXIT and CDS will affect your current procedures and practices.
Who is this course for?
Those personnel involved with Imports, whether in Departments of Accounts, Purchasing, or Shipping Departments. It also benefits Managers of Departments responsible for Company Policies, Practices, Administration, and Compliance. This one day course will appeal to those responsible for customs conformity, whether you are working for a International Company, or are a small sole Proprietor, these changes will affect you and your trade and could help save you money.
- Import Customs Clearance Entry Declarations
- Tariff & Classification, Commodity Codes & CPC Codes
- Payment of Duty & Import VAT
- Duty Reduction due to Preference Origin
- Duty Increase due to Anti Dumping
- ATA Carnets, IP, OP, RGR, End Use, Customs Warehousing
- Intrastat Arrivals
- Essential Record Keeping
- Authorised Economic Operator (AEO)
- Customs Declaration Service (CDS)
- BREXIT - Customs Law, the Union Customs Code (UCC)
Date: Tuesday 31st March 2020 9.00am to 4.30pm (Lunch & Refreshments Provided)
Venue: Essex Chambers of Commerce, Unit B3, Parkside Office Village, Colchester, Essex CO4 3ZL
Cost to attend: £340.00 + VAT Members and £390.00 + VAT Non-Members
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Trade Internationally with more Confidence and Awareness.
- Communicate meaningfully with Suppliers, Carriers and Freight Forwarders/Clearing Agents.
- Understand the Overall Procedures, Practices and Terminology common in International Transactions.
- Know how to read your Import Entries to ensure you will pass Customs Compliance Audits.
- Be more aware of the changes on the horizon; BREXIT, CDS
British Chambers of Commerce Accredited Course:
At the end of the course there will be a short assessment paper to complete which results in a BCC Certificate with a Pass or Merit achievement. Complete 6 of these to receive the BCC Foundation Award in International Trade. Learn More