Are you responsible for managing Data Protection or running marketing programmes? If so, this practical course is aimed at you!
There are a number of myths out there around what the marketing rules are and what role Data Protection plays in them. The world of information law compliance can be complex and demanding, with simple accurate advice and quality support hard to come by. Essex Chambers of Commerce have therefore joined forces with Lighthouse IG, who have a great deal of experience and expertise working with data, maximising the benefits of it and managing the rules around it.
This workshop looking at all things marketing will cover:
- A Summary of the GDPR and Data Protection Act
- When you need consent (and when you don’t) and how to manage it
- Opt outs vs opt ins
- Data quality and the pitfalls of buying in marketing lists
- What the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations are
- How to manage cookies and other electronic marketing tools
- What further rules are coming around direct marketing
Date: Tuesday 18th June 2019 9.00am to 12.30pm (Refreshments Provided)
Cost to attend: Members £40.00 + VAT and Non-Members £75.00 + VAT
9.00am - Registration
9.30am - Workshop begins
10.30am - Refreshments
12.30pm - Finish