BOOKINGS HAVE NOW CLOSED FOR THIS COURSE. CLICK HERE FOR THE NEXT COURSE
Refreshments, Lunch and a comprehensive Export Expert manual of the topics covered will be provided.
The purpose of the course:
Learn how to complete the Application Forms for Customs Special Procedures, including the CCG1 Customs Comprehensive Guarantee Form and Questionnaire as well as calculating your potential debt guarantee amounts. We shall look at the roles of processing in order to identify if you could trade more competitively. Processing can be anything from repacking or sorting goods to the most complicated manufacturing. With Inward Processing Authorisation (IP) you could benefit from duty being relieved on imports of non-EU goods, which are to be processed in the Community before being put to an eligible disposal. Relief can be obtained from customs duty, specific customs duty, anti-dumping duty, countervailing duty. Alternatively goods can be diverted to free circulation, at the rated of IP goods or compensatory products. With Outward Processing we shall explain how you are allowed to claim relief from customs duty on the EU goods which have been exported for process, as long as you can show that the exported goods were used to produce, or are incorporated into, the products you are importing. Before you can claim duty relief under OP, you must be authorised to use these arrangements. OP does not extend to excise duties but you may be able to pat VAY on a reduced value for goods that you have previously exported if you can satisfy the conditions for this. We shall also discuss other Customs Special Procedures. The UCC impacts on these Special Procedures, come and learn about how the changes may affect you and your business. Be aware of the new customs computer; Customs Declaration Services (CDS). We shall discuss BREXIT and how that may impact on your international trade.
Benefits for your organisation:
- IP provides relief to promote exports from the EU and assist Community processors to compete on an equal footing in the world market.
- Learn about the IP system for infrequent use (known as Authorisation by Declaration), together with how to apply to become IP Authorised for frequent users.
- Learn how the UCC impacts on both IP and some aspects of OP.
- Consider how BREXIT and CDS may affect your current procedures and practices.
Who is this course for?
Those personnel who are responsible for procedures and record keeping, as well as those operating RMA departments and services. IP and OP Traders will be audited by HMRC, it is therefore vital that procedures are fully understood and a full audit trail maintained and evidenced.
- Import and Export Customs Clearance Entries SAD/C88
- Tariff & Classification, Commodity Codes & CPC Codes
- Eligible disposal & Rate of Yield & MCP/SCP
- Relief from Customs Duty, Import VAT
- IP Authorisation by Declaration, IP 'Full' Authorisation
- Equivalence, Prior Export Equivalence, with or without Triangulation
- Economic Codes (new Economic Codes under UCC), Usual Forms of Handling
- Standard Exchange System
- Other Customs Regimes; ATA Carnets, RGR, End Use, Customs Warehousing
- CCG1 & Questionnaire & Potential Debt Guarantee Calculation
- Customs Declaration Service (CDS)
- BREXIT - Customs Law, the Union Customs Code (UCC)
- Take control of their imports and exports.
- Be able to clearly and confidently instruct Freight Forwarders/Clearing Agents.
- Keep spreadsheets and records of shipments under Customs Special Procedures to ensure you will pass Customs Compliance Audits.
- Be more aware of the changes on the horizon; BREXIT, CDS
British Chambers of Commerce Accredited Course:
At the end of the course there will be a short assessment paper to complete which results in a BCC Certificate with a Pass or Merit achievement. Complete 6 of these to receive the BCC Foundation Award in International Trade. Learn More