The 3-day Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Air certification course will provide delegates with the skills and knowledge required to correctly handle and prepare shipments of dangerous goods for transport by air. Giving them confidence to transfer the knowledge into their work environment
A level of Dangerous Goods knowledge is required in order to attend this course and it is recommended that you have access to the Air IATA Regulations.
By the end of the course learners will be able to confidently use the IATA DG Regulations to:
- Correctly prepare a consignment of dangerous goods for air transportation
- Validate whether a consignment has been prepared correctly for air transportation
- Adhere to practices and standards regarding acceptance and responsibilities for the preparation and handling of goods for air transportation.
Our training encourages participation and ensure that the course is relevant, interesting and engaging.
Date: 29th, 30th & 1st September/October 2020, 9.00am – 5.00pm (Lunch & Refreshments included)
Venue: Essex Chambers of Commerce, Unit B3, Parkside Office Village, Colchester, Essex CO4 3ZL
Cost to attend: £500 + VAT Members and £550 + VAT Non-Members
Full details of course:
The course is fully approved in the UK by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), and concludes with a validation. Successful candidates receive a certificate of competence, valid for two years, after which they must re-validate their qualification.
- Overview of the Regulations (ICAO, IATA, ADR, IMDG)>
- Using the Regulations
- Look at incidents that have occurred
- State and Operator Variations
- Classification, Proper shipping names and UN numbers
- Packaging Instructions
- Types of Packaging
- Different DG items Packaged Together
- Specification Marking
- Marking and Labelling
- Completion of the shipper's declaration for dangerous goods
- Shipment Checking
- Air Waybill completion
- Emergency Procedures
PLEASE NOTE: This is an intense, fully regulated course which concludes with a regulated test, a pass must be achieved in order to receive official validation. The required pass mark is 80%
Re-sits are available but it is advised that they should be taken within one month of the original course.
Book your ONLINE Dangerous Goods Awareness training here
Welcome to Logicom Hub the place for all your logistics and dangerous goods training needs.
We specialise in the Carriage of Dangerous Goods & Logistics. We realise that every business is unique, sometimes a different approach is needed by training employees in-house or building a bespoke training that considers your company culture and industry in more detail. We can develop bespoke training in all methods from instructor led to full computer based training.