Our Event Terms & Conditions
- All events & training must be booked and paid online.
- A receipted invoice will be sent out for payments by credit / debit card by email.
- If we have agreed alternative arrangements with you in advance of the event, you must pay in full before delegates attend.
- The Chambers have the right to refuse entry to events to any delegate who has not made payment in full.
- All events are subject to VAT being added.
- Online bookings will be processed through Worldpay and the transaction will be between You and the Essex Chambers of Commerce.
- Details of attendees to any Essex Chambers events/training are stored by Essex Chambers of Commerce.
- We process your information under our legitimate interests in supporting Essex businesses.
- Your information will be used to administer your attendance at the event, process any payments due where applicable and to send you details of similar events and information offered by the Chamber of Commerce.
- We do not share your data with any third parties and your information is stored in the United Kingdom.
- You have the right to have your information corrected, restricted in use and to object to our use of your data however please note if you object to use of your data for your attendance at the event we may not be able to accommodate you at our event.
Virtual Events & Security
- All Essex Chambers virtual events will be held via Zoom.
- You do not need to have a Zoom account in order to access our events.
- We have taken all necessary precautions to ensure that events/meetings held via Zoom are safe and secure. We do not accept responsibility for any breaches that may occur.
- For security purposes you are not permitted to share the meeting link with anyone else. If a substitute person wishes to replace an existing delegate please inform us and they will be sent their own confirmation email with the meeting link.
- Please note that the Zoom meeting will be locked 5 minutes after the start time of the event to ensure the security of the meeting. You will not be able to access the meeting once it is locked.
- If you are experiencing any issues accessing the meeting then please contact the meeting administrator.
- If you cannot join the meeting due to your internet connection, refunds are not available
- Once payment is received an email confirmation will be sent to the delegate email stated at the time of booking.
This will contain either
- the venue details, map and any other details relevant to the event
- event details including a link to access the event via Zoom and any other details relevant to the event.
- All cancellations must be made in writing to email@example.com to be eligible for a refund as per our cancellation policies stated on each event booking form.
- Where a refund is available, any payment made using a credit or debit card through the Worldpay system will be refunded back onto the same card.
Cancellation by us
- We reserve the right to cancel any event at any time without liability. In the unlikely event of this happening delegates would be offered an alternative date, event or a full refund.
Changing Delegate Details
- There is no charge if a substitute person wishes to replace an existing delegate. Please inform us as soon as possible before the event start.
- If dietary’s or special requests have been made prior these may not be able to be changed.
- Delegates cannot distribute literature en-mass at any physical event. Delegates seen doing so will have their literature removed by the organisers.
- Delegates are not permitted to distribute literature in virtual events using the chat function. Anyone seen to be doing so will be asked by the meeting administrator to stop. If a delegate persists then they will be removed from the meeting.
- Delegate lists will not be sent out prior to the event. However, one maybe sent out a day before virtual events with delegate contact information in the absence of a delegate’s ability to distribute business cards. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to opt out of your information being shared this way.
Photography / Video / Recordings
- Photos/videos may be taken at events and used in social media activity & post event publicity.
- Should you not want to be included in photos/videos, please make the photographer/videographer/event administrator aware on the day of the event.
- Please note delegates do not have the ability to use the record function via Zoom to record our events.
Changes to your Membership status
Any pre-booked events, exhibitions, training or workshops that occur AFTER the membership has been terminated will be converted to a standard booking and the additional costs must be paid.
ESSEX CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ADMISSION TO ALL OR PART OF ANY EVENT.