Tariff Classification Masterclass
Course duration: One day running 9.30am to 4.30pm.
Lunch and Refreshments included.
Comprehensive Export Expert manual of the topics covered is provided.
The purpose of the course:
We will discuss the purpose of the Tariff Classification, explaining the process of how to perform accurate classification of your goods.
Our Tariff Classification Strategy will cover the Harmonised System, the Combined Nomenclature, and TARIC measures, together with their individual cycles of change. You will learn how to build the code, and appreciate why you and your supplier/customer in a different country may have a different commodity code.
The General Interpretation Rules (GIRs) will be examined in detail, to ensure you understand how to apply these rules when performing classification, including:
- The important of Section Notes and Chapter Notes
- How to classify if goods are incomplete or unfinished, or unassembled/disassembled
- What if the goods are mixtures or combinations
- What to do if goods are classifiable under two or more headings
- Mixtures and composite goods
- Goods put up in sets for retail sale
- How to manage packaging and cases
We will consider the various guidance available, including:
- Classification Opinions
- Classification Regulations
- Classification Guidance
- Explanatory Notes
- Court Decisions
- Tribunal Decisions
- Other Customs Authorities Decisions
We will cover when it may be appropriate to apply for a Binding Tariff, and what this will mean to you going forwards.
An overview will be provided in respect of import customs duty, including:
- Most Favoured Nation Rations
- Anti-Dumping Duty
- Countervailing Duty
- Tariff Quotas
- Agricultural Component (Meursing Codes)
- Tariff Suspensions
- INN Pharmaceutical Substances
- Origin Rules
Export Expert T & C's
Visit the Export Expert event page to see current course dates