Our Limited Quantities by Sea training is for employees that work in an environment where Limited Quantities are handled and prepared for shipping by Sea. Successful candidates receive a certificate of competence, valid for two years, after which they must re-validate their qualification
By being familiar with the regulations, your employees can ensure that any potential dangerous goods are correctly identified, packed and marked for shipping.
- Law and Applicability
- Classification, Proper Shipping Names and Special Provisions
- Packaging Requirements
- Marking & Labeling requirements
- Preparing the documentation & transport documents for carriage
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Correctly prepare a consignment of limited quantities for sea transportation
- Adhere to practices and standards regarding the responsibilities for the preparation and handling of limited quantities for sea transportation.
It is recommended that if you do not hold a certificate in the transport of dangerous goods that you complete the Dangerous Goods Awareness training as a pre-requisite.
It is recommended that you have access to IMDG Dangerous Goods Regulations. If you do not have this resource please add temporary online access to your basket along with the course when you purchase.