B-J Harrington – Chief Constable, Essex Police
Jane Gardner – Dep. Police, Fire & Crime Commissioner for Essex
Darren Horsman – Asst Director, Comms & Public Engagement, Essex PFCC
Robin Punt – Head of Corporate Communications, Essex Police
Emma Thomas - Comms & Engagement Manager, PFCC
Denise Rossiter – CEO, Essex Chambers of Commerce
David Burch – Director of Policy, Essex Chambers of Commerce
Donna Gale – Executive Assistant, Essex Chambers of Commerce
Lee Hammond – Head of Security, East of England Co-op
Mike Roast – Area Manager, Co-op Group
Iain Palmer – Head of Revenue Protection & Security – Sub for Julian Drury – MD, Trenitalia c2c
Samantha Johnson – Head of Security Compliance, London Stansted Airport
Perry Woolner – I&C Team Manager, Wave
Philip Miller – Stockvale Ltd
Stephen Cook – HR Manager, Wilkin & Sons
Simona Daniel - FSB
Iain Agar – Analyst, Essex Police
Nathalie Gale – Essex Chambers of Commerce
2. Minutes of Last Meeting: Minutes of the meeting held on 12 April 2019 were circulated in advance, reviewed and approved. These will also be available to view on the Essex Chambers’ website.
Matters arising – none
3. Work Programme – 30 minute workshop: Board members were asked to attend with their three top priorities which can be used to develop the Business Crime Strategy and work plan for the group. Notes from the workshop are shown below and will be used to start the development of a new business crime strategy and work plan for the group.
ACTION – JG/DR/DB
View Business Crime Strategy Board Workshop Notes here
4. Business Crime Strategy Development Process - DH – gave brief update on the Business Crime Strategy Development process on behalf of Chief Inspector Ian Gennery. DH also referred to the Rural Crime Strategy as an example of the output we are looking to develop both full reports for both embedded below.
View Essex Business Crime Strategy Development & Delivery here
View Rural Crime Strategy here
5. Co-op – DR – further to the minutes of 12 April where Mike Roast – Area Manager, Co-op group – reported shoplifting at an all-time high, DR met with Mike as he and two colleagues are preparing a bid to submit to Co-op HQ to fund improvements in their stores. MR had also been in contact with Les Hawkins who attended the last meeting and spoke about Employer Supported Policing and Special Constables in Essex, and PW (who has been a Special Constable for many years) is happy to visit any business to talk through the role of Special Constables.
6. Communications and Engagement Update/promotional video - ET: pleased to report that the comms strategy paper was agreed at the last meeting, and comms went out re Essex Special Policing (ESP) and how this has been praised nationally. The PFCC Annual Conference took place on 7 June (DR attended). This was a very good day and included an interesting selection of breakout sessions. Next year business members of this board will be invited to attend. Boxes of credit card defenders branded with the Essex Police, PFCC and Essex Chambers logos were given out, and members were encouraged to distribute these to their employees. At the end of the meeting today, a series of short video interviews will be taking place which once edited will be available to view on the Chambers social media platform.
7. AOB – DR – Essex Chambers have been contacted by Kent Police to run a breakfast awareness event with them focussing on Modern Slavery. Invitations will be extended to the members of the Board once details finalised. ACTION – DR
8. Date of next meeting:
Friday 11 October - 10.00 – 12.00 - DP World London Gateway
Visitor parking is available via the main port access road at DP World, 1 London Gateway, The Manorway, Stanford-le-Hope, Essex, SS17 9DY