This virtual half day course will provide you with an understanding of Import procedures.
Join us for an overview of the processes businesses must be aware of in order to be successful, and compliant, importers.
By the end of the course attendees will be able to:
- Understand the basic requirements for successful importing and your import customs declaration
- Determine how to put goods into free circulation
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of import documentation and procedures
- Understand the UK trade tariff and who is responsible for commodity codes at import
- Have an awareness of compliance issues around importing
- Understand how to identify customs regimes and import controls
- Consider the different Customs Procedure Codes at import
- Consider UK Trade Agreements and Preference Documents
- Have an awareness of dealing with Customs Intermediaries/Freight Agents/Express Fast Parcel Operators
- Identify best practice and where to go for sources of international information and assistance
Date: Wednesday 9th February 2022 9.30am to 12.30pm
Cost to attend: Members £150.00 + VAT and Non-Members £195.00 + VAT
Please note: This event will not be recorded and any material will only be circulated to those that attend.
British Chambers of Commerce Accredited Course: The British Chambers of Commerce has ten nationally accredited international trade courses that give essential skills that are invaluable to small and large businesses alike.
At the end of the course there will be a short assessment paper to complete which results in a BCC Certificate with a Pass or Merit achievement worth 1 credit. Achieve 6 credits to receive the BCC Foundation Award in International Trade. Learn More