Refreshments, Lunch and a comprehensive Export Expert manual of the topics covered will be provided.
Government funding for this course is available through the Customs Grant Schemes
This is a BCC Accredited Course and marks go towards the Foundation in International Trade.
The purpose of the course:
Getting paid is a vital part of the sales transaction, so join us to explore the options and reduce the costs involved in receiving payment. Understand how to improve your security of payment and the roles of the banks, so you realise how you can influence the speed of the transactions. We’ll help you understand the intricacies of both Credit and Collection transactions, so you can appreciate how to control your goods with your documents. Delegates will learn why, when and how to use Documentary Letters of Credit (L/C’s). This Master Class will guide you through the complexities of L/C rules and regulations (UCP600), so you can be proactive in instructing your customer to encourage L/C clauses that work for you. The role of Documentary Collection will also be explained, as well as Sight & Term Drafts, plus Discounting. Practical tips are offered throughout the session, as well as real-life examples.
Benefits for your organisation:
- Whether you are a Small Company, SME, or large Global Trader, getting paid is vital.
- Companies will learn how to get paid more swiftly and at the same time reduce those high bank charges.
- By understanding the intricacies of Credit and Collection Transactions, you will be able to appreciate how to Control the Goods with your Documents, giving you more security and speed of payment.
Who is this course for?
This course will appeal to those already using Letters of Credit and/or Documentary Collections, as well as those considering these payment terms. The mystery will be stripped away, so all attendees feel more confident using these Instruments of Payment.
- L/C Formats & Types, Irrevocable & Confirmed
- Opening & Advising Procedures, Presentation of Documents & Time Constraints
- L/C Receipt & Checking & Amendments
- Sight & Term, Reimbursement
- Part Shipment, Stage Payment, Service L/C’s
- L/C Types, including Back to Back, Transferable, Revolving, Standby
- UCP 600 Customs & Practice for Documentary Credits
- Documentary Collections, Consigning, Protesting
- URC522 Rules for Documentary Collections
Date: Tuesday 6th October 2020 9.30am to 4.30pm (Lunch & Refreshments Provided)
Venue: Essex Chambers of Commerce, 34a Star Lane, Great Wakering, Essex SS3 0FF
Cost to attend: £340.00 + VAT Members and £390.00 + VAT Non-Members
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Avoid Discrepancies, and instead be able to achieve Right First Time Presentations, together with Prompt Payment.
- We’ll take the mystery away, so you can feel confident and in control.
- This course will ensure you gain an appreciation of the Methods of Payment.
- If you wish you can bring your own L/C examples to the course, giving you an opportunity to discuss your own experiences and horror stories!
British Chambers of Commerce Accredited Course:
At the end of the course there will be a short assessment paper to complete which results in a BCC Certificate with a Pass or Merit achievement. Complete 6 of these to receive the BCC Foundation Award in International Trade. Learn More